Monday, March 5, 2007

refining fire

I was thinking as I was having laser treatment to remove spider veins on my legs today. I was wanting her to hurry up. I was uncomfortable & the heat seemed to be getting hotter & hotter. The burning seemed to be worse in different areas of my legs. Where the veins were larger and redder it almost became unbearable. I told her if she would just laser 3 times and then rub my leg for a few seconds, she could continue that way & I'd be fine and much better if she followed that pattern. Then a neat thing happened. I started to think about the end result. The removal of the spider veins from my legs and the similarity of the refining work the Lord is doing in my life. Everyday living takes on new meaning & some things thought as significant, loose their value. The pain caused to my body by the laser made me think of the physical suffering Christ endured to rid me of sin & to conquer death. I could stand the pain this was causing me & through aknowledging my weaknesses in dependence on Christ, He makes me strong. It is in the attitude we come to be more like Christ.
1Peter 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!