Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Do not be overcome by evil,overcome by doing good.

Today was one of those days where I saw the ugly side of the mess us humans make. Injustice is everywhere & sometimes I just don't care to fight back. I don't understand how something wrong can be obvious and be allowed by those who are to uphold the law. It's difficult because I know that the Lord has instituted the law for those who do wrong. What makes it difficult is that I was not the lawbreaker, but a product of someone else who broke the law. Many would say that man is basically good. I'd be naive to think that. Sometimes I feel I'm better than others, like today. But I'm not. And that is not good. I want to be good. Life is more than wanting to be good or fighting back. It is about being renewed each and every day by the grace of God. Realizing that the battle has already been won & it won't be won by me. I'm just no good without the Lord in my life. He is what makes this life good and there is no goodness in me apart from Him. I felt that today as the holy spirit brought to my mind His love and yet sorrow for His creation. As my heart was broken, I realized He had put it there. To see the world in the way that He does after I had first felt I was somehow better. WE are all sinners it is plain to see.I was stircken in my conscience... I am no better than the next person....we are all His Masterpiece. Lord...please renew me & fill me with your grace. Help me to not be cold to those who do wrong to me, who deny or supress the truth, or forget about those who don't believe, to see what breaks your heart would break mine too. Help me to see what you see.... your masterpiece in the making....
Romans 12:9-21

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!