Thursday, March 8, 2007

King Solomon has a beard!

The Lord gave me a vision about King Solomon this morning. Before I began reading in the book of 1Kings, I was praying and listening for the Lord. I asked Him if He would speak to me. In my mind I saw in this vision a man with a beard sitting on a throne. I instinctively knew it wasn't Jesus. I wondered who it was. The Lord told me He was going to tell me something important. I then opened up my bible and starting reading in Chapter 8 where King Solomon summoned all the chiefs of the Israelite families, heads of all the tribes, elders, and priests to bring the ark of the Lord's covenant into the inner sanctuary of the temple. Solomon lifted his hands on bended knee and prayed to the Lord & then a CLOUD filled the temple of the Lord just as the Lord had told Solomon that He would; dwell in a dark cloud. God may dwell in this place, but nothing can contain Him. The Lord requires that we turn our hearts to Him and walk in all His ways & keep His commandments. True worship to the Lord from a heart totally submitted to Him becomes so much more powerful when the Lord shows up as He did THEN before the whole assembly of Israel.
The Lord showed up in my worship to Him this morning as I waited with expectancy for Him. How powerful the vision of Solomon with a beard was and this encounter Solomon had with the Lord. I've kept that vision all day and thought it special & kinda funny that the Lord would introduce me to Solomon in this special way.
As you pray and worship the Lord this day, are you expecting Him to show up? 1King 8 & 9

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!