Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Focus on Him


I sure need new glasses to see better. I'm up for a new pair next month! I'm getting rid of these rose colored glasses. I like them alot, but it's time for something new. Here lately my vision has been a little foggy. I'm seeing alot of things, but not clearly. It's that way with my life too...sorta unclear vision. There is some adjusting going on and I'm not sure how it's going to look. I know I want to see better and have a clear vision to what the Lord would have me do with this season of my life. The words that the Lord have impressed upon my heart are focus, abiding, being still, & rest....avoiding chatter so He can speak & giving Him Lordship of my energy & priorities.

Last March on a retreat with my disciple group the Lord impressed upon our hearts this vision.....this narrowing of focus....I recall it.....& it remains true now....

"Like a stream, we are heading in a direction of God's selection and moving together. Just as He is the WAY and that way is narrow, the channel of His purpose for us is strong, sure, and focused. When we stay in the middle of the current with Him, without the diversion on the banks, we will continue toward His destination as ones compelled by the power of a will much greater than our own. We will arrive there sooner and enjoy the journey more completely. Ultimately it requires less effort, just yielding to the gentle current and allowing God to carry us from where we are, continually on in precious union with Him

that's it....that's all I need to do......keep the focus on Him!

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you"
Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!