Sunday, March 25, 2007

Motherly Love


Today I had an experience that blessed my heart and touched my emotions with a few tears. It was my 2:00pm massage appointment client. He was 14 years old. His mother had given him this treat while she herself was getting a massage in the room next door.
This boy was a gentle and polite boy and very appreciative & respectful to me and really enjoyed his massage. He said it was the best he ever had. The first massage he had was when he was on vacation with his family. I was humbled to know he trusted me and he showed that by his ease in relaxing his body. When I got down to his feet I laughed to myself because I saw something familiar. His toe nails were long! Boys his age just don't know how to clip their toenails! It reminded me of my son Billy.
I think that is what touched my emotions. I thought....Did I love my son the way he needed to be loved? Did I bring him comfort with a mothers touch? I sure miss my Billy since he's been out on his own. He's a good son & I know the good Lord watches over him.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!