Friday, March 30, 2007

The Pure White Bird


I just arrived home and as I got out of my car, the birds in our Oak tree flew off. It was the car door and my movements that scared them off. Something caught my eye as I watched them all fly off to my neighbors tree. It was a pure white bird in the midst of them. I quickly went inside the house to get my nifty binoculars. I love to watch the birds this time of year. Steve just got a new bird feeder and placed it just outside the front window for a good view of them. I was hoping the bird didn't disappear. There it was, flying from limb to limb. As I continued to watch the bird, I noticed he was "The Boss" of the group jumping in on everyone and chasing a few around my neighbor's rose bushes.
Fast forward 3 hours. By now it started to rain a bit. I was heading for the car to go over to a friends house for a get together and as I passed our Oak tree something caught my eye. Surely, it couldn't be THAT bird....It was getting dark and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me...It WAS the white bird! The color WHITE shows up pretty good in the darkness. I thought, nobody is going to believe this and I quickly went into the house and got my digital camera and took a few pictures of it and showed them to my friends. When I returned home, there was my friend, perched in the same spot blowing in the breeze with the rain coming down. I got another picture....I think I'll name him "Whitey"
I think he might possibly be a cockatiel or a friend said a bungy)

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!