Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I command you


This verse of scripture Joshua 1:8-9 begs to be prayed upon:

"Do not let this book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day & night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."


Lord,
May I meditate on your word to such a degree that it becomes part of my own speech & redirects all my actions in leading others to you. Only then will there be strength & courage to be successful like Joshua. When I feel weak, I've got your word to distinguish discouragement & being scared; for you Lord....are with me everywhere for all times, for your WORD... is hidden in my heart.. Thank you dear Heavenly Father for your powerful word
Amen

The Word of God is 5 things: (taken from the book "Systematic theology"
1. The WORD is a Person
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God, and the Word was God"
2.The WORD is speech By God
Genesis 1:3
"And God said, "Let there be light", and their was light"
3. The WORD is speech directly to a human
Exodus 20: 1-3
"And God spoke all these words, saying"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other God's before me"
4. The WORD is speech through human lips
Jeremiah 1-9
"Whatever I command you shall speak"
5. The WORD In writing
The Bible (first being the 2 tablets of the Ten Commandments)

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!