Monday, February 19, 2007

My Dog Vernon Dean

Today I took my little toy Yorkshire Terrier Vernon Dean to a dog show parade they had downtown Mckinney. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors and I just wasn't about to go work out at the gym when I wanted to be outside as much as I could. There were all kinds of dogs walking around. Mostly really big dogs. My Vernon had no fear of any dogs. He stood there and welcomed every dog he met and waged his tail. A few times as I stopped to talk with people Vernon would get my attention by wanting to be picked up. I believe he wanted to join in on the conversation and be at our level. But he sure didn't seem to mind all the other dogs way bigger and taller than him. Why at one point, he got in the midst of about 6 or 7 white grand pieranes (misspelled) dogs and I was the one who got afraid. I think I'd like to be like my dog Vernon...be welcoming to every one I meet with no barriers whatsoever! Sounds to me like..........Jesus ...hmmmm! so much to learn in so many ways God speaks to us

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!