Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Sea of Galilee


Today my mind drifts to the place Jesus and Peter walked on the water. The "Jesus Boat" was suppose to be an almost exact replica of the one Jesus & the disciples used. I was in awe that I was drifting along at this very place & was seeing this place with my own eyes. I felt such a wave of excitement in my heart. That night,I recounted that night in the book of Matthew (14:22) the storm the disciples encountered. They must have been out there in that storm with the wind whipping around for quite a while. What they didn't know was that Jesus was alone praying to His Father. They hadn't realized who He was, much less know anything about prayer or to pray over the situation they were in. I came to realize the difference between just knowing Jesus was there in the storms of life with me to Believing He may require me to step out of the water & come to Him... do something I see impossible...that He can make possible & for that to occur I must believe it & take the first step without being distracted by paralyzing fear.... even if I am scared, even if I don't understand, & even if it seems totally impossible. The Lord calls us to not doubt & to trust him beyond what we feel & He still will never let us out of His grip of grace no matter how many times we fall or fail to step out in faith. My focus must be on Him because of the relationship we have, to recognize & follow Him daily, and to take risks or steps when He tells me to. To allow Him to work through me...knowing He will...Now that is confident faith!
Matthew 14:26-31
When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them "Take Courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
"Lord, if it is you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
"Come," He said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. "You of little faith," He said, "Why did you doubt?"

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!