Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Golden Days of Home

It's been a good day, Lord. yes, a very good day! The last few days I've had a few outcalls. That is when I go to someone's home and give them a massage. One of them was a gift certificate I had donated to the senior citizens who live in the new retirement community apartments in town. A sweet and kind woman found the golden egg with the gift certificate inside at the Easter egg hunt! She was so nice & welcomed me into her home. I really enjoyed having that opportunity. I also visited another woman at her home who had a crook in her neck. I usually see her each monday morning for chair massage at the fitness center. So, to get a telephone call to come to her home was a surprise! She has arthritis in her hands and massage helps to ease the pain. It was a joy to spend time with her and get to know more about her life and her family. I remember the first time I met her I instantly felt her warm heart shining through! She didn't have the crook in her neck when I left.

It did my heart good to visit with these two senior woman. I read a plaque on the wall that said "Getting old is not for sissies!" These two woman blessed me with their courage & wisdom, their character & care for others. I thank the Lord for the sneak preview into their lives of what's up ahead in the golden years for Steve & I!

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3-4

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies...She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:10,27-28

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!