Saturday, April 21, 2007

Body Worlds


We all went to see the exhibit "Body Worlds" at the Museum of Nature & Science in Dallas. When I first heard about this exhibition on the radio, I was shocked and was turned off about the thought of real human bodies on display. I thought about it some more and realized I was real interested in seeing it. I am so fascinated by the anatomy of the human body. I wanted to get a "real" inside view. In giving a massage, I'm always imagining the bone and muscle placement and getting help from seeing in books that "inside" view. These whole-body plastinates where in all kinds of poses. The wide range of specimens shows the difference between a healthy body and a diseased body. Seeing for yourself, makes one appreciate & want to take care of their own body even better and to be amazed at the details the designer put into such a specimen!


check out the website! www.bodyworlds.com


Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart, I appointed you as a prophet to the nations"

Psalm 100:3 Know the Lord is God. It is he who made us and we are his, we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Psalm 139: 13-16

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!