Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Old Friends

Today I talked with one of my son's boyhood friends on the phone for a long time. He called me to tell me he would be in town and he wanted to see all of us and me too. He use to live down the street. I remember when he was new to the neighborhood and became friends with our family. We took an instant liking to him. He became very special to us. He is a special boy. I remember having a birthday party for him as well as a going away party when his family moved to Pennsylvania.
He had been in several foster homes & shared some of his life experiences with us. He then was adopted by the family down the street from us .He is in the Army now and just got back from Korea. I found out alot of things about him. I found out he got married and his wife is in Iraq for the 3rd time. He has colitis and can not run or drink alcohol. He may get a medical discharge from the service. We talked about old times.
It was good to talk with him. I'm glad he feels comfortable talking with me. I've kept a card he gave me in my bible for years. It's still there. I'm glad to hear he is happy and doing well.
Dear Heavenly Father-
I thank you for your love for all your children. I thank you for your protection over this one. I pray your protection over this one and His wife in physical, mental, & spiritually as they serve this country. I pray over their marriage as a protection and safe place of unity and love. I pray Lord that they know the power and protection of your love above all things. I pray this in the precious and holy name of Jesus, Amen

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!