Monday, July 30, 2007

Connection


You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household. Ephesians 2:19


I've been asked to lead the prayer ministry for the worship team at Grace. What an honor it is to pray for others. I'm looking forward to this fall season and to try some new ideas in regards to a more prayerful focus. I've been with the worship team for about 10 years now and it has blessed my life so much to sing on the team to glorify the Lord & to pray for those on the team. I realized a few months ago that it is the one ministry that has been a staple for me. It's like I gotta have it. I've been involved in other ministries but this one is the one that has been continuous for me. When I'm up there in the choir singing with everyone it feels so good and so natural. I know the Lord is pleased and something so pleasurable becomes apart of who you are. There always seems to be a song in my heart as I go about my day. I can sing anytime I want to the Lord and I do ALL THE TIME! Prayer is another thing that touches my heart about the same way...but in another way. Prayer is talking to Him. Plain and simple. Prayer is listening to Him. Prayer and worship are two links to connection that are so powerful. Both become a response to His presence. The worship team choir has been off all summer long and it seems so long. I'm looking forward to our reunion and for it to reestablish our family connection. Isn't that what connecting is really all about- being like family? We have a strong link connecting us!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!