Saturday, August 4, 2007

Comfort in Touch


I love my work. I love what I do. It's more than making a living. It is a blessing to my heart each day. Yesterday (friday) I was blessed by a client I hadn't seen in a while. She's been coming to me for massage for almost 2 years now. She let's me in on her life and when life gets rough, she comes in for a healing touch. When you touch someone in love, it takes away the person's fear and they let love in their heart. I beleive that is why Jesus told his disciples not only to look at his nail scarred hands, but to touch them too. They could really see because their hearts where wide open. That's what touch does....it opens the heart to receive love. She shared that her mother had passed away & then while at her mother's funeral, her aunt had a heart attack . A few days later, she moved her uncle into her home for about 2 weeks when he stood up one day and fell and died of a heart attack. She shared how blessed she was that the Lord had made it possible for her mother to live with her & to take care of her the last 5 months of her life. He reassured her that she did all she could do to help her mother especially being there with her to comfort her in her very last breath.

Today (Saturday) I also had a client I hadn't seen in awhile. She's a real nice lady. She had her first real full body massage today. Normally, she has reflexology to the hands and feet. I guess she's been coming since February. Something about her smile reminds me of my own mother.

Anyways, she also came in for some healing touch. She also had experienced 2 deaths last week of 2 people close to her. The Lord really showed off with her massage. He allowed me to give her just what she needed. I felt like hugging her, but I didn't!

I was reminded of what Jesus said. I felt inside their loss. I felt inside the longing of one more day. But, I also felt a peace. I asked the Lord to comfort them and give them His peace...that only He could give. I prayed that they would feel his touch in their hearts the lonely hours right before sleep. I prayed that the fear of death would subside being replaced by all the wonderful memories of time well spent with them. I prayed they could still rejoice within their mourning.


"Rejoice with those who rejoice. Mourn with those who mourn." Romans 12:15

"Look at my hands and feet. It is I myself! Touch and See" Luke 24:39

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!