Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Hill Country

My husband and I just returned home tonight from a short vacation to the Hill Country. We had a good restful time. We saw lots of wildlife and exotic animal ranches along the way. What a neat way to live.
Getting away from the usual routine of my daily life, brings me a new perspective on how I want to live my life. Every time I go on vacation, I see how busy my life is. Everytime I go on vacation, I experience the blessings God has given me that I take for granted in my busyness.
The last few days I've been at a slower pace. I don't want to live life in a hurry. I want to experience and appreciate the beauty of a single flower, a child's smile, a warm "hello" & live a life through a lense of gratitude.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!