Sunday, July 8, 2007

AMBIANCE







I marked my calendar free of everything to spend quality time with my best friend. When we get together, it is mostly at her house because she lives on a lake. It's comforting for her and its like I'm on a retreat. The lake to her is where her soul feels at home. We usually go for long walks and long talks. She packed a backpack and we headed for the lake. It is a special spot because it is her "special place". It is under a huge tree. Shortly after we arrived, we saw in the sky a "double" rainbow...It was the best one either one of us had ever seen. With all the recent rain, the water was getting really close to the retaining wall to her new home being built. I prayed a breath prayer that the "double rainbow" was a sign it wouldn't flood and reach the wall.
The setting couldn't be better. We had two comfortable chairs, 2 bottles of red wine, gazpacho, cheese and homemade bread. For ambiance, she started a fire; which in turn kept the mosquitos away. The wind was blowing just right. It was a great night! The neighbors next door started shooting off fireworks and we had a front row seat!
I know my friend pretty well. I learned something about her I pieced together in her creating this "ambiance" for us. It's not like I didn't know, I've just begun to see it in a new way. I started thinking of words to describe "ambiance" and it fit her so well.....words like atmosphere, environment, setting, flavor, feeling or mood. This place (the lake) is her ambiance....it means everything to creating peace and balance & well being in her life. And for her, it starts with AMBIANCE & I know she wouldn't want anything less! I love her so and I love this about her! I love the ambiance in her and where her heart is at home at the lake!

Love one another deeply, from the heart.
1 Peter1:22

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!