Sunday, July 29, 2007

spiritual act of worship


This week I have been doing a nutritive cleanse. I wanted to do this because I thought it would be a good start to better health. I haven't been feeling physically well due to some weight gain and poor eating habits. The first two days were pretty rough. The shake I've been drinking has 11 grams of fiber. I noticed I wasn't hungry but I was having food cravings for the junk I normally eat. By the fourth day, I was feeling really good and noticed an increase in my energy level & I had better mental clarity. I tell you what, I'm so glad I finally did this. It took me 3 weeks to take this plunge. It's hard to give up eating all that stuff you know is not good for you.

I realize now that food is a temptation for me to sin. I let it get the better of me. By giving up and putting good things in my body, I have gained much more than the loss of 6 lbs. I'm releasing this to Jesus to help me through. I don't want to live a double life. I want what I know to match up on the outside of me. I'm all about health and wellness. I'm all about wanting what the Lord wants for me. I want my body to be a living sacrifice means how I take care of the physical body he has given me.

It's time for me to sacrifice the food that stands in the way of total commitment to God.

The picture here is the place called Skull Hill. They call it that because of the indentation of the skull face within the rock....This is also Golgotha & a stones throw from the garden tomb where they put Christ's body. Abraham was here with Isaac. I want to be like Abraham who sacrificed his own son Isaac. He was whole heartedly committed to God knowing full well that it is God who will provide for all of his needs. God provides all my needs. Could God be testing me? I think he is. Lay it down . Lay it down at the altar.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!