Monday, September 24, 2007

reflection


In reading my devotional in Oswald Chamber's book "My Utmost For His Highest" I was awestruck by the single thought "If we don't go where Jesus is going, we don't have companionship with Him"
The christian life is constant. It's not sometimes. It's not when I feel like it. It's not later. It's the one single thing in our life that should never change. We change careers, we change our hair style, we change in our ways of thinking and even in the food we thought we didn't like. The missionary's goal is to move in step with Jesus and to be in His will by doing the father's will. There was nothing in Jesus's life that distracted, discouraged, postponed, or resisted Him from doing His Father's will. It was the same from the moment He was born to the moment He was placed on the cross. Jesus's goal or purpose was to die to save us for an eternity with Him.
The other night while attending Pastor George's leadership class, one of the students spoke so clearly to my heart as if Christ was talking straight to me. She quoted what Christ himself had said of His Father.
"I only do what my Father tells me to do"
I know it not humanly possible to be perfect like Christ. A perfect life. A perfect world. Only the Lord can truly do that. I can't wait for perfection to come. I can't wait to see Jesus. Please forgive me Father as I try to live only to do what you tell me to do. Until then, I wait for that perfect day with no distractions or changes. Just the will of the Father in total completeness!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!