Saturday, September 8, 2007

Let nothing consume us but Jesus

Right this minute
I need to relax
my heart hurts
and my brain is tired

I close my eyes
and in the stillness
you are there
bringing comfort and peace

What was stressing me
is put into perspective
as it is taken out of my hands
& into your hands

No place loves us like
his mercy, grace, and peace
Thank you Dear Father
forgiven and set free


I came to you tonight
for I have sinned
and you have brought me to you
and in your presence now
I feel a conviction coming on
it was from fear
the root cause:
wanting to get my own way

Just as quickly as it came
I was not thinking of you
I quickly saw how I was
living without you

I lay that fear at your feet
I know you have a plan
I will not be afraid
I will put you first

You plant my feet on solid ground
You plan and direct the path
You take away the sin
You are the first and the last
the beginning and the end
a cleansing and consuming fire

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!