Friday, September 28, 2007

lightbulb moment




I was driving over to a friend's house last night who really needed a massage. I was just driving along when all of a sudden I was thinking about a comment I'd made earlier to a client at the spa. We were talking about food that was good for the body. I started telling her about my recent reading in Genesis about Joseph & how the Lord was with him and that he was able to interpret the Kings dreams that there would be 7 years of abundance and 7 years of famine. So the King made Joseph in charge of the palace & all of Egypt. He collected & stored huge amounts of grain to be prepared for the coming 7 years of the famine. I went on to say that I didn't understand why the people of Canaan and Egypt didn't eat their livestock if they were starving to death. They went to Joseph and exchanged their animals for grain. I concluded that just maybe God had originally intended for animals to help us and not for us to eat them. Also, that grain was far more valuable nutritionally. Anways, back to my driving along....Here I was driving along and I heard that still small voice say
"Seeds reproduce"
The seed is what would save their lives. Just as Christ gave his life in exchange for our lives, He asks us to plant seeds to reproduce over and over again what He himself had done for us. The Egyptians ended up selling their own bodies for the seeds and did not die. Plant a seed, you just might save a life!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!