Thursday, September 20, 2007

We are blessed!


Okay, the last entry I posted I ended it by saying I want to live seeing what God is doing. This past week God has answered some of my prayers that I've so wanted and have waited for in two instances. These prayers are what I feel in my heart are from the bible verse that says "Delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desire of your heart" These are prayers that I believe the Lord wanted.

My husband stopped working 7 days a week which allows us to go together to church on Sunday morning. He also joined in with me on Monday nights for Pastor George's 7 month leadership class which requires daily bible reading. He also is joining in on a new men's small group!
My husband has been working over 2 years 7 days a week. Two days ago he finally got the call he's been waiting for. He got a 60 day notice from the job he's been working at for 20 years!
The Lord is teaching us both to be leaders. Leaders with influence that will help others raise the lid on their influence with others. What could God have up ahead for us?

I committed to to take my passion for massage to another level by attending workshops. I've got 1 more to go and that will make it 9 for this year. I've learned alot about specific injuries like carpel tunnel, rotator cuff & scalene entrapment, chronic back problems, infant & prenatal massage, cranial sacral therapy & sciatica. I've learned alot about deep tissue techniques & trigger point and stretching. Anyway, I just found out the spa I work at is turning into a "Med Spa". The minute I heard about it, my heart leaped. The Lord has really empowered the place with some outstanding godly people over the last few months. My boss says that the Lord is the one making the changes and she is listening. It's been a passion of mine and I can see more clearly how God wants to use His people there at the spa. Slowly but surely the Lord is moving in that place!

My daughter just left today to go back to start her new life again with her fiance . She is going to be a very good mother. One thing I pray is that she find her way to the church doors once again. My son is in his room right now writing a report for school. I know that it is very difficult for him to write. He dislikes that more than anything. I see God at work there too!

I just started the 2nd course of the theology program on Monday night. This one is Bibliology and Hermaneutics. It's going to be a challenge. Bible history and interpretation are two areas I want to know about. It's incredible that of all the books in the world, this one is eternal. It will never die! & it's history is a treasure to seek as well. I'm excited to learn what God has for me there.

Heavenly Father
You are the omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient true God of the universe. Thank you Lord for your presence in big and small ways. I thank you for being the best teacher, the best friend anyone could have. I thank you for loving me and for being my life, my fill when I thirst, my hiding place, and the place I shine. I worship you this day and I thank you for opening up my eyes to get a glimpse of what you are doing in my life, in the lives of my family, & in my clients. I aslo see too Lord how you are working in the lives of my friends and I rejoice.
I ask that you keep me grounded in your word and in the center of your will. "I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me, you can do nothing. "
Help us to grasp and hold on to your word to light our way. I want to thank you for blessing our lives & teaching us how to live.
"I have come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly"
To know you is to trust you...
"I will never leave you nor forsake you"
In the name above all names
Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior
AMEN

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!