Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A blessing from above!


It is a precious little boy! By the end of January, we'll be grandparents- I wonder what plans God has for this little one? As I write that the holy spirit illuminates the words of Christ when He said " I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." I pray that very thing with the Lord for my little grandson. A new member of the family !

The road is not clear and we can't see ahead and no plans are certain. What in life is? Only one thing is. That is His love.

The other night the Lord asked me: " Do you trust me"? Do you trust me to know I'm aware of everything that's going on!" "Look back and see that I was there and know that I am God and I am here now" "Be still and know that I am God"

The spirit led me to focus in on what He is doing in the lives of my children, my husband, myself, my grandchildren, my friends, and my family. He's working out plans far beyond my comprehension. I believe that while things look rather glum, the Lord is working behind the scenes and is the great multi-tasker extraordinaire. He's much more interested in what is going on inside while we as humans want to judge things by what we see or think we know. For only God can see what's inside a person's heart. Then he led me with a visual of Joseph's life. I saw that through his life was the power of what God does. Although it was really looking pretty darn glum, the Lord had a purpose we can't always see and sometimes miss while the going is rough. It is the evidence of what God can turn around...I rejoice in the good times. I rejoice in the uncertain times. I rejoice in the pain, persecution, & what ever the Lord allows because I know he will do great things for all those he loves & those that love him. What Jesus did in the life of Joseph was to bring many to himself. The life Joseph lived was an example that harm was meant for good.
Where ever evil is God is in control and will use it and make something good out of it that couldn't be done by anyone other than Him. Our circumstances good and sinful will not derail what God wants to accomplish. It is means by which the Lord uses for the purposes of drawing ourselves and others to Him. I just forget..not much different than the Israelites..I'm humbled by His grace & mercy & that He doesn't hold it against me.
I want to live a life focused on what God is doing ! +
Genesis 50:19-21
But Joseph said to them, "don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God inteded it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children."

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!