Saturday, September 25, 2010

TheRIGHT Place


Steve and I took off early this morning for a tour of Turu Ba Ri Parque. We are looking for TheRight places for our excursions. Something that grips me everytime we drive on the roads here in Costa Rica....Everytime you take a turn...which is very often....you never know what's coming or what lies ahead. Another thing about the roads here in Costa Rica are the deep gulleys on both sides of the road. That means you gotta have a narrow focus!

Boy, that sure speaks to me right now! Keep your focus straight ahead. In this way, you can see clearly where your going...for what lies ahead is just around the next bend!

After we left Turu Ba Ri Parque I set the GPS for HOME. It took us another route than the one we came on. The road kept getting narrower and narrower until we finally got to a one lane dirt road. It seemed we were on it for at least 3 or 4 miles. We were wondering if the GPS was to be trusted. We came and crossed over a bridge that extended over a rip roaring river and a breath taking waterfall. I fumbled with trying to reach for my camera and didn't make it in time as we approached the end of the bridge. The minute the back tires reached the end, the road IMMEDIATELY took a right turn STRAIGHT UP! We went right up as if a unseen force had scooted us up. I was wondering how in the world we made it. Finally, we came out on the access road of the Autopista. Thank God we trusted the GPS and thank God for providing a short cut no matter what we had to go through! Isn't that the way alot a times in life....keep trusting....no matter what things appear to be...The Lord will provide a way out.

2 comments:

Miss Dottie said...

Whoa...I could just imagine myself riding with you...New adventures are always scary but with the Lord at the wheel, what do we have to fear. What God births, He will bless!!

Holly (me.) said...

Having just finished a study on the Sermon on the Mount, I have to say the narrow road is the one to be on... even if we don't know the route, the destination is worth it!

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!