Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Costa Rica Independence Day






Tonight we went into town for the evening festivities. We decided that we would first eat dinner at one of our favorite places real close to the City Park. There was a woman sitting there and she was selling these lanterns that were red and some were blue. I liked them so I bought one for 200 colones. As it turned out, as people began to show up, all the children and even some of the adults all were holding lanterns. In fact, they were all highly decorated and very creative. Their was a loud voice of a woman speaking that was leading on the mike. Then all the people sang the national anthem for Costa Rica. Everyone was standing. We quickly finished our dinner and headed over to where all the people were at.
I was standing there and I looked around at all the families and how many small children were there. Father's and mothers interlocking hands, putting children on their shoulders, & holding them in their arms so they could see all that was happening. I think I have fallen in love with this community.
Looking forward to seeing the parade in the morning!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!