Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rain & Lunch




The last few days have been raining ALOT. Heard that some neighbors in town had to evacuate their homes last night due to the intense rain that wants to possibly slide their home away! The rivers are running rapid around here and are as black as coffee! We have still gone up to town each day to work out and then again this morning to pay our bills. I found it really hard to sleep last night because of the thunder and intense raining. I pray for the folks who don't have a place right now to rest their head and I praise God at the same time for what the rain provides. Right now the wind is picking up and it is getting rather chilly. It's time to enjoy lunch and to praise God for being alive, for providing for our needs, for a roof over our heads, for my husband to share my life with over a yummy meal! This is a typical lunch for us: The Costa Rican Gallo Pinto(rice & black beans)( I use brown rice)a salad with fresh vegetables and fruits,(today my salad is tomatoes, spinach, avocado, green leaf, & mango) fresh cabbage salad with carrot & red pepper, and pear nectar to drink. I'm praying it stops raining very soon!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!