Monday, April 28, 2008

Misanthrope


My husband and I went to the showing of Moliere's Comic Masterpiece titled "Misanthrope" at the Dallas Theatre Center over the weekend. We are members. We found out we loved seeing plays about two years ago when my husband surprised me on our anniversary weekend and saw "Romeo and Juliet" and the performance of "Hats". This play was about one man's stand against hypocrisy-while all the time remaining blind to his own. Alceste hates the glitter and glamour of his social class, but loves the woman who most embodies it. It was a darkly funny exploration of conflicting obsessions. It is said to be one of the greatest plays every written. It truly was my favorite so far this season. The acting was so superb! and there was an enormous amount of script to memorize. I'd see it again! check it out: www.dallastheatercenter.org

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!