Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Daeus Alexander


Today is one of those days that took my breath away and turns my heart inside out. Our grandson Daeus (pronouncec Day-us) was born today. Even though I know that life begins at conception, birth is reality in the flesh. Oh, the joy in my heart is a warmth wrapped up tight forever to love and to experience what true love is all about.....sacrifice....in all it's ways....for to love is to sacrifice. I think the biggest reality in understanding the depth of God's love for us, is when we look & see with our heart the eyes of our new born baby. ....Why did God make human kind? Because He loves us. Why did He come as a little baby? Next time you see a baby, feel His love for you and me. God is Love. With that assurance as a believer, we can know the peace that surpasses all understanding. Next time you look at a baby, remember the baby wrapped in swaddling clothing...lying in a manger. It will bring you the peace that comes from God. The reward far outweighs the pains of our lives. Any mother will tell you that the pain they experienced in childbirth is nothing compared to the joy the baby brings to their heart. And so it is with Christ. In the midst of pain, He is our peace.
"Let not your heart be troubled, take heart for I have overcome the world" John 6:33

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Daeus Alexander looks adorable!:-))

So, how about an update with more pics of him, parents, and grandparents? Since, we haven't seen or heard more.... And I check about daily on blog.... I guess you all are worn out from newborn lack of sleep and schedule, right? LOL :-))

Blessings of health & sleep,

Maxi

Kel's Blog said...

yes, among other things! Thank you dear Maxi1

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!