Sunday, January 6, 2008

Big Hearted Friends



I'm posting today about a friend who I've come to admire more and more. Today she took me to lunch for my birthday. It's a fabulous restaurant! She took me there last year for my birthday too! She made me feel so special. We had a great lunch and lots of laughter. We've known each other for a good number of years and I love her winning spirit. She has a persistance and strength about her that will run the race to the finish line and bring many with her because she leads by example and as a humble servant. She is a walking transformation. The Lord has given her the gift of wisdom & discernment and I marvel at how God speaks to me through her.



I had another friend come over by surprise to wish me a happy birthday and brought me a gift basket of Angels. She said I was her little angel. This is a picture I took of her when we ent to the Island of Rhodes. She also made me feel special. She has a way of making people feel comfortable in any kind of situation & is gifted by God to help those live the life they have been created for & to let go of what is holding them back from getting it. I treasure our friendship. She is warm and loving & I love her playful heart. Her husband came with her & he just happened to bring along my favorite wine without knowing it. The thing about her I respect most is she is a woman of great courage who knows how to speak the truth in love.


I thank God for these friends. Thank you Lord for these two friends who love me and lavish me with your love. Thank you Lord for these dear sisters.!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. I just wept when I saw what you wrote. I just don't know how you do it. You take me to my "core."

I'll always love you my dear friend. Thanks for sharing your love and life with me. I learn so much from you!

Check my blog... I put some bread on it. LOL :-))

Love you,

Maxi
P.S. Don't forget to daily email me about you know what....

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!