Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve Candlelight


We just got back from the candlelight service. It was just what we all needed. How easily we become distracted by the little things going on in our lives, that we forget about the excitement of celebrating Jesus's birthday. My heart was pierced when Pastor George said something about all the cranky people out shopping. Just this morning I was waiting in line for a last minute gift, I became irritated at the clerk. I was that cranky shopper.
My husband, our adult son, our daughter, and her fiance hadn't been all together at church for some time. I'm glad it was tonight. The message of the Good News brings such joy, comfort, peace, & God's extravagant Love into our hearts to those who believe. Tonight I feel His love for me and His love in my family. I saw Jesus's love in Pastor George as he hugged us all so tightly. The wonder of the star that shines so bright in our hearts is born in Bethlehem. What a friend we have in Jesus. You came so you could save us & reconcile us to you & to one another, forgive us of our sins & not condemn us, & to give us a life of purpose & passion. Tomorrow morning as I open the first gift, I will be reminded of the gift you continually give to us, is always open. You will never let us go....you go with us. There is no other gift on earth that can or will ever last like that. Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!