Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Precious moments making precious memories

Other than getting sick last week and diagnosed with vertigo, the moments have been so precious. So many good things are happening on the home front. Blessings come in ways we least expect and certainly not in the way we'd ever even think could come.

My husband's last day of work was on friday. He'd waited almost 4 years for this day to happen and it has finally come. Gone are the days of the familiarity and security of the job he has had for 20 years. God is writing a new story and we are caught up in the adventure....at least I am!

Last week our daughters fiance moved in with us....another new story. It is truly a blessing to see these two young adults grow. We all wait in anticipation of their baby to arrive and of the change and joy this "gift from heaven" will bring into all of our lives.

We also met with my family for our Christmas celebration. There was about 40 people there. It was so good to see everyone. Each year as we gather I see so much more how it is not about the things we have in this life, but the people we have in our lives in this life. All the wonderful food & gifts don't mean anything compared to seeing one of my brothers or sisters....or nieces or nephews, cousins, brother and sister in laws. My Dad was so funny and didn't fail in making everyone smile and laugh. Although, as I write this I'm looking over at the lamp one of my sisters gave me that day that use to belong to my mother. My Dad had given this special lamp to Mom many years ago. So, things we have can serve as visual reminders of something or someone very dear to us. My mind is wondering off now as I think about the trip to Israel this spring and all the visual reminders of Jesus that I will once again see. Yes, visual reminders are wonderful! But, they cannot replace or compare to the relationship within that we have with Him. Just like we can get wrapped up in the gifts, lest we forget the gift giver.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!