Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A special girl




I pray to the Lord for this special girl I'll be seeing every week on Mondays & Wednesdays. She is a new client.
I'll be massaging her hands, feet, & legs to stimulate the nerve endings & aid in circulation.
You see, she's paralyzed from the chest down.
She is 19 yrs. old & a C6 quadriplegia.

She just got back with her family from Russia
She received her first round of stem cell injections into her spine
She now has movement in both thumbs and
sensation in one index finger.

I know I must not try to go into this by looking at the outcome -
That's not my job.
My job is to be the care giver
she is the care receiver
and Christ is the cure giver


Dear Father
You are Love
more than I can comprehend
You bring good things to all you touch
You are the radiance of God's glory,
the morning star
I turn to you to touch me
as a servant on bended knee
Help me Lord to radiate you in all your
wondorous ways and be a light of your hope
to one so precious to you. I ask of nothing of what I can do,
but only what you alone can do through me. I know nothing
of these plans of what you have planned in advance with this daughter of yours.
I believe you have orchestrated this whole thing . I'm excited and humbled and grateful
I get to be apart of this glorious work - not my work...but yours..not my will...but yours.
Thank you dear Lord for your love, compassion, and mercy
In Jesus Name-
Amen
This is Love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2John 6

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!