Friday, June 29, 2007

Momentum


"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you" Acts 1:8




Life is a series of mountain highs and valley lows. Sometimes it seems it will never stop raining. Our circumstances seem so overwhelming and we are hurt. We see difficult times as totally negative instead of opportunites for growth. We want to grow and mature but we don't want to go through the fire to get there. We don't want to hurt. But, all the while, I hear the Lord say " I've got you...I'll keep you steady" I've got my grip on you and I won't let go"


This idea came to me the other day when a friend & I were talking about the time we helped our children learn to ride a bike. I remember holding the bike upright while my son pedaled and that moment I let go of the handlebar and the back of the seat. He had the momentum going just right. Similiar to our journey in living, there are times when we wobble along; scrapping a toe here, a small slip there. Sometimes a nose dive as we hit the ground. It's when we are on the ground that we hear the loudest "Don't stay down, get back up, keep the momentum going"

We learn that when we are at our weakest, His strength makes us strong.

I've often thought and said to the Lord " No Lord, this can't be happening" No Lord, not this. I don't think I can take it" "I don't think I can take much more" . I think about the Lord the night He was betrayed....He knew what was going to happen to Him. At the garden of Gesthemane He prayed in great anguish to His Father with his sweat falling to the ground like drops of blood "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me.....

I notice that immediately after surrending to His Father, ...An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. His momentum was strongest. He never lost sight of his mission and never lost sight of his father.

So where am I going with all of this...? The next time we wobble and loose our balance, have fear of falling , nose dive, or experience our own gesthemane ....The Lord is there with us and has sweated blood for us and gave the ultimate sacrifice willingly. He WILL accomplish His purposes to save and redeem all that we go through for our greater good just as he did 2000 years ago.
That momentum for every believer lives on.....His invisible hands gently direct & hold us up
As running in a relay race, we must take the baton from the one who has the power and from there we will keep the momentum.



No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!