Saturday, October 30, 2010

Scenic, Sunny, & Stormy...Solo Bueno!




Right this minute Pastor Dan and his wife Stephanie are sitting in the airport waiting on their flight to take off. It was our pleasure to serve them this week. It has been a week packed full of all kinds of adventure, times of relaxation & reflection, physical & spiritual renewal.
Yesterday, Steve and I brought them to La Paz Watergardens and took them to the Poas Volcano. Lots of towns along the way. I'm pretty sure La Paz was their favorite place. They certainly were good sports when we had to wait around 3 hours for the road to clear of a trailer accident on our way back from the San Luis Canopy tour. The morning started out with a group waterfall hike as the theme for the day was physical renewal. The massage I gave Stephanie that evening helped work out her tense muscles. I think Dan really liked the Tarzan swing and Stephanie liked the Superman Line. She said now she could imagine what it felt like to fly!
The day Steve and I took them to Herradura beach it began to rain about 30 minutes after we got there and just as we approached for lunch at Villa Calletas Resort, the rain really hit and stormed hard while the fog clouds really got thick. You couldn't see a thing! They experienced that full "Rainforest" affect. I took that as a sign that no matter what goes on around us, we can always rejoice within the storm. It was a day picked for marital renewal. Even though it rained and the spectacular view was not to be seen, the reality is, that the beauty was found in each other. They have a wonderful, beautiful and loving marriage!
They learned alot at The Britt Coffee Tour. It was funny to me that Dan had the same thoughts like me about the similarities of the process of our salvation as the process of a coffee bean. I wrote a blog about it a few weeks ago when Steve and I visited the coffee plantation here in Atenas.
I pray now for their safe arrival home. I can see their two boys wrapping their arms around Mommy and Daddy and welcoming them home. They got some trip gifts to pass out!
I pray the Lord gave them a gift here during their time here in Costa Rica that they will keep for the rest of their lives!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!