Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Hi!" verses "Hola"


Everyday we go walking. We walk to the grocery store, we walk to the bank, we walk to the gym, we walk to church, and to any other place we need and would like to go. Steve and I realized this morning what a blessing it has been to just walk. We would be missing so much if we drove in a car everywhere. We would miss the opportunity to meet our neighbors. We would have missed the encounter with a dear woman this morning. We will be praying for her and her family. Each day we meet new people. We say "Hola!" as we pass by the neighbors that are usually outside their homes along the way into town. It's getting pretty regular that people must be saying..."There's those gringos again!" On our walk this morning to church, we happen upon a gentlemen who said "Hi!" I was taken aback. Not that the tico said "Hi" but that the word itself sounded strange! I guess that was a clue to me that I'm adjusting to the culture and the language is getting into me! LOVE it! DIOS ES BUENO!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!