Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks-giving

This is one of my favorite holidays. This day celebrates LOVE to me. It represents God's presence & goodness here on earth. It speaks of His heart. Even a person who doesn't have a relationship with the Lord would look upon this day and could sense the goodness in it and not realize that it came from God. Said in another way, one could sense the good in the world in this one day. It makes me really step back and reflect what I am thankful for. I reflect on the Lord's goodness, His grace, and His greatness.
The Lord does for us what no man can. The Lord provides for our every need and sustains us and looks at us as white as freshly fallen snow. The Lord covered our sins and he has given us Himself & the holy spirit as our helper; & He calls us His friends!
The Lord has given me a loving husband who is patient & kind & children who I adore, brothers and sisters who give me love & loving friends who support me, and a church home of brothers & sisters in the Lord. Thank you Lord for giving us each other!
This specific day I stopped to meditate on Isiaih 53 & to thank Him for what He did and does for me. After reflection, I am reminded to not take anything for granted & to put life's most important treasures in perspective by giving thanks with a grateful heart.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!