Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Friend Tonya


I've graduated to another service for my client Tonya. (Tonya was in a near fatal car accident in 2005 and is now a quadriplegia.) I've learned how to move her wheelchair into her room. It's not easy. I just listen and do exactly what she tells me to do and it's like magic. I don't bump into the walls or the doorway. I've graduated in helping her with her morning routine after her massage & now do lots of range of motion exercises with her legs. It adds another 2 hours time. It gives her mom some free time to do what she needs to do for herself or for daily errands that need taking care of. You see, her mom is her full-time care taker. It also gives Tonya some independence of her own. Every time thus far that they have hired a home health care person, the person has either not come at all or have not returned after the first visit. It makes no sense. This has been going on for 3 years. But anyway, I'm glad God had our paths cross. I love them both so dearly. I look forward to each Monday and Thursday morning just to be with them. I'm looking forward to this thursday morning visit because it is Tonya's birthday! She will be 21 yrs old. I plan on spending the day with her and to take her around town in her ramp Van for the first time! On another good note...my husband Steve took one of the flyers for Tonya's upcoming Golf Tournament to work with him to spread the word. Tonya is trying to raise money for college. Anyways, one of the gentlemen took it and then called his connection at the college and they are giving Tonya a full scholarship! I can't believe it! God is taking good care of Tonya. He's got big plans for her! She is a strong, confident, & faith-filled young woman who is determined to live a full life through the hardship of her disability. She is on her way! with the Lord's help!
www.tonyawinchester.com (click on fundraisers)

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!