Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day


My husband and I started the day by attending our towns 4th of July parade. Here's a picture of the Fire Truck coming down the street.



Here's my husband standing next to his favorite car at the car show.




To end the evening we watched the fireworks sitting on the back of the car parked in the mediun! I took this picture with my cell phone!


Now, these are all the typical things to do on this holiday. As I watched those fireworks shooting off and the brilliance of the light, I thought of the light of the world and how in Him we are truly free. I thanked the Lord I live in a country that I am free to be me and for the freedom we have in the USA. I thought of the celebration when Jesus returns. I thought of all the soldiers fighting for our country to keep us safe. Thank you God for this land! Oh, come Lord Jesus, COME!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!