Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The First Smile!


I was sitting in the rocking chair and bouncing Daeus on my lap and singing "Giddy-up Horsey Go to Town" when my husband came in from his day at work. He sat down on the couch right next to me as I began to talk with Daeus. I was telling him he was a good boy and that Grandma and Grandpa loved him. He was stareing intently into my eyes when all of a sudden he started to smile and it became bigger and bigger! It was REAL. My husband and I both looked at each other and realized it was a special moment with our grandson. My husband said " Hey, Daeus really smiled at you Muz! " (my nickname) Then, a few seconds later he gave us another littler smile. It filled both our hearts with so much Joy! I got all choked up when I told his mother later who was taking a nap.

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!