Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Miraculous finding!


Last night we went out to dinner with our son. I was delighted that he had called me and wanted to spend time with his father and I.

When we got to the restaurant, we parked the car and locked the doors. Once inside, the hostess walked us to where our son was seated so we could join him. I distinctely remember I laid my keys at our table & left for the restroom. I left my purse in the car because I didn't want to bother with carrying it.
You see, to save some time, I picked my husband up in the front our home so we could be on time to join our son. I never got out of my car. I did however, have to clear off the seat of a couple of books & my purse before he sat in the passenger seat. I put them all in the backseat.
Anyways we enjoyed our steak dinners at Logan's Roadhouse & hearing all the latest from our son. We invited him to go with us on a trip to Ireland this summer. I wanted a cup of coffee and I told them if we were going to sit there a little longer, I'd like to get a cup. We DECIDED to leave the restaurant & go to the Starbucks around the corner for a latte. We left the building and I NOTICED our son jumping into his car to follow us and I NOTICED he was parked facing us & one row to the right of us. There wasn't a car directly to the right of my car. I remember this because that is where my son walked to get to his car and where my husband got in on the passenger side of my car as I unlocked it for him. We got to Starbucks and I DECIDED to grab my purse to pay for everyone's latte because my husband had just paid for our dinner. I couldn't find my purse. I couldn't figure out where it had gone because we had locked the car doors at the restaurant and I knew I didn't bring it in. Immediately I freaked out thinking the worse of my credit cards and checkbook being stolen. My husband SUGGESTED we go back to the restaurant and ask them if anyone turned in a purse. As I approached the parking lot, my husband also SUGGESTED I park at the same area I had parked earlier and we could look around just in case my purse was laying on the ground somewhere mutilated. I pulled up in the exact parking spot and looked around briefly of the parking lot and then went inside and no one had turned in a lost purse. As I walked outside and got closer to my car, I noticed something underneath a car parked two rows beyond my parked car; and as I got closer I realized it was MY PURSE underneath the car! I grabbed it in total shock and was even more shocked to find it untouched!
We can't figure it out....all I know is that the decisions we made brought us back to my purse. I'm glad I decided to pay for our coffee, I'm glad my husbands suggestion to go back to the restaurant & his suggestion to park in the same area happened. If we had made other decisions, my purse would have really been lost!
I know, I know....this still doesn't explain how my purse got there in the first place!

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!