Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Time moving Be still


It's seems the dry season here in Costa Rica is upon us. The transition is happening. We are having less and less rain. It didn't rain today and yesterday it rained in the evening for about 10 minutes.
We welcomed the rain each day. It was a comfort to us because we knew to expect it. A good soaking gave water to every living thing. However, it also brought alot of damage and death.
It seems I've been in a transition for about a week now. And even though I knew to expect it, it didn't make it any easier. We've lived here In Costa Rica for 3 months and I believe the honeymoon is over and real life begins here.
I trust God to take care of our needs and the needs of the ministry, but now I'm feeling the desperation in it. In my devotional reading I reread the story of Hannah and it spoke so clearly to me. Her story is one of desperation. It is a story of transition, of breakthrough, and obedience. All these I have poured out my soul to the Lord. I have reached a place of peace. I praise God and give Him the glory. For only He can do the impossible
Dear Lord,
Help me Father, enable me to depend on you to do what I can not do. Help me to remember that you depend on me to do what I can do. Thank you Lord for your promise to fit things together in spite of our plans as you put order to our steps. All I need to see is what is in front of me. I trust you Lord, everything is totally under your control.
In the precious name of Jesus
Amen

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!