Sunday, November 25, 2007

Good Cheer


This morning I went by Starbucks to get my morning coffee. the usual: Vente Quad Half Caff, No Fat, No Foam, Latte. I ordered a muffin too and sat at a small table close to about 8 to 10 people sitting together. I have seen these people together week after week. There are several different groups that meet at Starbucks all the time. (I normally see them as I swiftly get my coffee and leave promptly to go to work. )Their conversations were really funny and I caught myself listening and then laughing out loud. A few of them looked over and saw me and I kinda quieted up. I liked the people and wished I could have just joined in. I didn't though. I thought it would be brash and rude of me. As I was walking out and driving off, I was thinking how fun it would be to meet people every week at a certain time to sit and visit over coffee. That is just so special to me. What a blessing to have that in one's life. It's what's been referred to as a core nucleus. It takes,time, work and commitment on the part of every person. I have alot of friends, but they are scattered and many that don't know one another. I don't have 10 friends that live close enough together to make that possible. I think it would work if this group of people had a common interest. Could I influence others to feel the same importance to this that I do? As you read this, what do you think about this? Is it something you see as special to have in your life? Please pray and seek the Lord if He desires this for you. If so, give me a call!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

Well, it's been a long time, old friend, since I checked your blog. I get so busy on many things sometimes... but this was nice to read...

Yes, I desire a "Core Nucleus." You are in that special area to me. I have a few, not many, and although I don't always return phone calls as promptly as I should (yes, thank you for your last voice mail...), I still consider you in my "inner circle" my "core nucleus" of friends...

So, if I don't reply to your life voice mails, emails, blogs, etc... It doesn't mean that I'm in bad shape or don't care... The LORD just may have me in a place that I need to do some other things right now...

So, it's good, to reconnect, when we can...

I'm fine. I was praying about going on the Nigeria Mission trip in Jan/Feb 2008, but the LORD spoke to me differently....

Just like Pastor Steve Lucas says...

"I'm ready to GO, but willing to stay."

So, here I sit... waiting on the LORD for what HE wants me to do. And knowing there is no better place to be!

Can't wait 'til our next Israel Trip in March 2008, together!

Since we are now on the Medifast Diet... how about a Medifast "Lean & Green" meal, together? :-))

Or... time for another run to that same middle eastern restaurant in Plano... and yes, Matthew and Becky are coming home next Summer 2008 for 2 weeks, then off to the MIDDLE EAST!

Blessings dear friend! :-))

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!