Saturday, October 27, 2007

Only By His Grace

Being spiritually transformed comes by the power of the Holy Spirit. Yet, I know that we are involved in that process. It is only by God's grace that we are able to work out our salvation. I want to live by Grace, not by my performance. I don't want to live believeing that God's blessings are a condition of my spiritual behavior. An example would be like when I have a good spiritually uplifting day. Can I forfeit God's blessings when I have a bad day? No I can't because I know that I don't earn God's favor due to my performance. Wether I have a good or bad day does not limit or add to God's blessings on my life or the life of others. I am never good enough on my own performance or worthy enough to deserve His blessings, I just know that His Grace is available and enough on both my good and bad days. That is what Christ did for us when He died on the cross for our sins. This is what is amazing too....that we sin all the time....even in our good days. I sin in my thoughts, in my words, in my actions and in my performance. I wonder sometimes if I have fully grasped that Christ has already borne the curses for our disobedience and earned for us the blessing of obedience. We are saved by grace and we are to live by his grace alone. It is only by trusting Christ alone as our hope secured that we receive His blessings of grace.

Dear Heavenly Father-
Have mercy on me a sinner
I kneel at the foot of the cross
where you died for me
This is the place where I feel your burning light
Where your love shines the brightest
It is there that I confess my sins to you
& the grace you provide for me when
I fall day after day
May your glorious love for me compel me
to live an obedient & holy life
For where you are, grace abounds .
May I continue to learn and grasp day by day
your saving grace knowing that I am undeserving of it.
In Jesus's name
Amen

No comments:

SHARE IN OUR JOURNEY

My photo
We are missionaries with The Brook Ministries in Costa Rica. We are here to help strengthen the church body of Jesus Christ & to fulfill His Great commission to the lost. At our conferences, my husband directs the recreational activities & excursions. I provide physical renewal with massage for the female attendees. We believe that regularly scheduled renewal of the body, mind, & spirit for ministry leaders in particular, will empower them to serve the Lord with renewed strength & perseverance to do what God has uniquely called them to do....SERVE & BUILD HIS CHURCH to the outermost parts of the world!